Industry Served :
Aerospace & Military
Precision Machining for the Aerospace & Military Industries
At Pioneer Service, Inc., we’ve provided precision machining services to customers across a wide range of industries for over 30 years. This experience, combined with our advanced machining equipment, enables us to produce CNC turned, CNC Swiss machined, and centerless ground parts for a variety of industrial applications and processes. Two of the main markets we serve are the aerospace and military industries.
Both the aerospace industry and the military industry are subject to strict specifications and standards regarding the design and construction of the parts and products used in their applications. For example, aerospace components must meet AS9100 standards, while military components must meet Mil-spec standards. These requirements and restrictions help ensure components will perform reliably and safely in critical situations or extreme conditions. For these reasons, aerospace and military OEM manufacturers often specify advanced manufacturing techniques and technologies—e.g., precision machining—to ensure the components they utilize fully meet strict guidelines.
Precision machining is an umbrella term covering many high-precision subtractive manufacturing processes (i.e., processes that remove material from the workpiece to create the desired component), including CNC turning and CNC Swiss machining Compared to other manufacturing methods, there are many advantages to using precision machining to produce aerospace and military components, such as:
- Greater part accuracy and precision. Precision machining operations generally utilize CNC technology, which allows manufacturers to pre-program the machining equipment with the exact instructions for moving and operating the machine tools and/or workpiece. This produces tight tolerances with a lower risk of machining error and inconsistency.
- Broader design freedom. Manufacturers utilize precision machining to create a wide range of component parts in varying shapes, sizes, and complexities.
- Wider material flexibility. Precision machining processes accommodate an extensive array of high strength plastic and metal materials, providing OEMs with a multitude of options to find the best materials that meet the requirements of their project.
- Faster production speeds. As precision machining operations often use CNC equipment, manufacturers can fulfill larger orders with shorter lead times than is possible with manual machining equipment.
High-Quality Custom Aircraft & Aerospace Parts
In the aerospace and military industries, precision machining is used to manufacture components for a variety of devices, equipment, and structures, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Actuator components
- Panel components
- Control system fasteners
- Door components
- Engine mount fasteners
- Hydraulic lift components
- Suspension system components
- Frame components and fasteners
Typical machining materials include aluminum, brass, stainless steel, steel, titanium, and thermoplastics. Some of the most commonly machined parts include bolts, connectors, fasteners, nuts, pins, and shafts.
Precision Machined Aerospace & Military Parts at Pioneer Service, Inc.
If you’re looking for a partner for your aerospace machine shop needs, turn to the experts at Pioneer Service. Armed with over 30 years of precision machining experience and ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100 certification, we have what it takes to produce high-quality CNC turned and CNC Swiss machined components and assemblies that meet tight tolerances and withstand demanding conditions by critical deadlines.
In addition to our precision machining capabilities, we offer a broad selection of finishing services to ensure we deliver complete parts and products to our customers. Our finishing capabilities include NADCAP certified:
- Heat treating
- Thread rolling
To learn more about our military and aerospace precision machining capabilities, contact us today.